Last Updated on
This is by far my favorite DIY project and it’s so easy to accomplish. It took me a day’s work to create these letters from scratch. Granted I do have a few completed projects under my belt and handy tools.
Here’s what you need to make these lighted letters:
- Plywood (to cut the letters)
- Printed letter stencils
- A disk cutter
- A drill
- Large fairy lights
How to make them:
- Print out letter stencils.
- Sketch the letters using the stencils on plywood.
- Cut them out from the plywood with your disk cutter.
- Drill holes where the lights should be. Drill holes the size of the light bulbs.
- Add the fairy lights to the holes.
Ideas where to use your new marquee:
- Hang them over your bed in the bedroom.
- Decorate a living room wall.
- Make a display on shelves.
- Add it to your mantel.
Let me know if you make one too.